Girl Scouts Brownies are USA Grades 2 – 3 (approximately ages 7 & 8 )
Girl Scouts Brownies work together in groups, earn Girl Scout Brownie Try-Its, and explore their community. Friendship, fun, and age-appropriate activities begin at the Girl Scout Brownie meeting and move out to the community and wider world.
Sample Activities for Girl Scout Brownies
- Working on Girl Scout Brownie Try-Its: decorating a T-shirt, learning a magic trick, exploring life on the prairie
- Planning a troop sleepover
- Camping and making s’mores over a campfire
- Deciding how to raise funds for troop trips
- Making cool Girl Scout SWAPS
- Exploring nature
- Visiting a zoo to feed—and learn how a veterinarian cares for—baby animals
Every Girl Scout Brownie belongs to a troop or group guided by leaders who are taught by certified trainers. Leaders partner with girls, giving them opportunities to make decisions about their activities and to learn leadership skills within the group.
Uniforms and Books
Girls can wear the Girl Scout Brownie Pin, showing they belong to Girl Scouts of the USA, and the World Trefoil Pin, signifying their membership in a worldwide movement. Girl Scout Brownies can purchase uniforms with either a sash or vest to display Girl Scout Brownie Try-Its and other insignia. Girls can also buy a Girl Scout Brownie Handbook and Try-Its for Girl Scout Brownies. Leaders use the Guide for Girl Scout Brownie Leaders and Safety-Wise.