Girl Scouts Juniors are USA Grades 4 – 5 (approximately ages 9 & 10 )
Girl Scout Juniors earn badges and discover what girl power is all about through new activities and by learning to take charge of their own plans. They gain self-confidence as they explore the world in partnership with their troop/group leaders.
Activities for Girl Scout Juniors
- Earn Junior badges
- Work towards the Bronze Award – the highest Girl Scout award for Junior Girl Scouts
- Staying at a Girl Scout camp and learning outdoor skills
- Sleeping over in a yurt
- Take a trip to Our Chalet
- Working on the “Horse Rider” badge by learning to ride a horse
- Earning money for troop trips
- Going on a scavenger hunt for neighborhood litter
Every Girl Scout Junior belongs to a troop or group guided by leaders who are taught by certified trainers. Leaders partner with girls as they explore new opportunities, learn decision-making skills, and gain the confidence to be trailblazers in service to their communities.
Uniforms and Books
Girl Scout Juniors can wear the Girl Scout Membership Pin, showing they belong to Girl Scouts of the USA, and the World Trefoil Pin, signifying their membership in a worldwide movement. Girls can purchase Girl Scout Junior uniforms with either a sash or vest to display their badges and other insignia. They can also buy the Girl Scout Junior Handbook and Girl Scout Junior Badge Book. Leaders use the Girl Scout Junior Leader Guide Book and Safety-Wise.